Bangla Language Institute (BLI) International Guest House is located within 10-minutes walking distance from the Independent University, Bangladesh campus in the Bashundhara Residential Area. The Bashundhara R/A neighborhood provides all necessary amenities and located very close to the Diplomatic zone of Dhaka city. IUB campus and BLI international student housing is within one and half mile radius of the US Embassy and the American Center Dhaka.
Three apartments in a six-storied apartment building with parking facilities on the ground floor have been converted to International Guest House for BLI.
Students enrolled in Bangla Language Institute academic programs are eligible for student housing. Students enrolled in the semester long intensive Bangla programs are strongly recommended to use the BLI dormitory throughout their language training. Applicants should check with BLI management about availability of housing at BLI International Student Guest House. Housing may not be available during summer term as it is booked for Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program.
Our residences are air-conditioned converted apartments with single and double bedrooms, common space with couches, chairs, and tables, and a working kitchen for the occasional snack or breakfast you may want to prepare, including a dispenser for potable water.
Each common area will be equipped with a television and DVD player and a desktop computer with broadband connection. We will have reliable wireless connections in each living space, so those of you with laptops should not hesitate to bring them along.
Each apartment has smoke detectors in each room and common areas. Two fire extinguishers are affixed in the common area of each apartment. The fire safety regulations will be briefed during in-country orientation. The apartments are all non-smoking.
We have three fully-equipped four and five bedroom apartments to serve as international student housing.
• Bedroom: single/double bedroom; furnishings include bed, desk, chair, power strips, lamps, rug, linens, pillows, blankets, etc.
• Bath: three bedrooms in each apartment have en suite private bath, with shower (some with tubs and shower), sink, commode and water heater.
• Common Areas: shared living room, including couch, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen [microwave, refrigerator, rice cooker, toaster, cutleries, dishes, pits and utensils].
• Electronics: each apartment has wifi, desktop computer, cable television, dvd player.
• Service: each flat, including private space, will be cleaned regularly, including weekly linen and towel change, and regular laundry service.
• Security: Each building has security guards, gated entry, elevators, and emergency power supply for electrical load shedding [power outage]
You will be provided breakfast, lunch and dinner five days a week if you take the meal plan. No meals will be provided on Fridays, Saturdays & any other public holidays (day off for kitchen staff). Meals provided in breakfast, lunch and dinner would have vegetarian, vegan, non-dairy, gluten free and pescetarian options. However, please inform the program well ahead of your arrival in Bangladesh about any dietary restrictions such as food allergies, lactose intolerance etc.
If you are not taking our meal plans, you can help yourself in the kitchen at the dormitory. IUB cafeteria, fast food chains and restaurants in Bashundhara, Baridhara, Gulshan and Banani area which have a variety of options. Tips on healthy eating habits will be provided upon your arrival in Bangladesh.
Cost of Housing and Meal Plan
• $1,600* or equivalent per term for AY 2015-16 [September-December; January-April]
* payable to IUB in Bangladesh Taka equivalent
• Rate for short-term stay [less than one academic semester] is $30/night.
For comparative purposes: costs are approximately one quarter of standard commercial guest houses offering equivalent services.
Meal plan includes breakfast and lunch on five weekdays for an 8-10 week program. Special dietary requirements should informed to the BLI residence manager at least two weeks prior to arrival in the country.
• $15* per day for Breakfast and Lunch
• $20* per day for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Contact Mr. Rashedul Hassan Mazumder, Office Manager, Bangla Language Institute @ firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on BLI housing. Please email him for a copy of the housing application form. His contact details are as follows:
Bangla Language Institute
Independent University Bangladesh
Level- 2, Suite – 2045
Plot 16 Block B Aftabuddin Ahmed Road
Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka-1229.
Phone: +88-02-8401645-53, 8402065-76 ext. 3111
Cell Phone: 88- 01920322666